Cost is an important concern if you’re considering updating or expanding a bathroom in your home. Without an accurate budget, it’s difficult to determine the features and luxuries you can afford to add to the room. Hopefully, our exploration of bathroom renovation costs will help you plan your budget.
Estimated Bathroom Remodeling Costs
Even the most stylish bathrooms eventually become worn and dated. Expanding or reconfiguring your bathroom will give you the amenities and storage you need and allow you to add a few personal touches to the room.
Seacoast New Hampshire Remodeling Costs
Midrange Remodel: $20,984
Upscale Remodel: $65,737
Universal Design Remodel: $33,782
Midrange Addition: $48,884
Upscale Addition: $89,511
Northern Massachusetts Remodeling Costs
Midrange Remodel: $27,349
Upscale Remodel: $82,282
Universal Design Remodel: $42,170
Midrange Addition: $64,091
Upscale Addition: $116,545
Southern Maine Remodeling Costs
Midrange Remodel: $19,246
Upscale Remodel: $61,532
Universal Design Remodel: $31,836
Midrange Addition: $44,419
Upscale Addition: $85,444
What You’ll Get for Your Money When You Remodel
A midrange bathroom remodel is based on updating an existing 35-square-foot bathroom. Remodeling’s estimate includes these features and fixtures:
- A standard white toilet
- Ceramic tile floor
- Vinyl wallpaper
- A 30” by 60” porcelain-on-steel bathtub
- 4” by 4” ceramic tile surround
- Single-lever temperature and pressure-balanced shower control
- Solid-surface vanity counter with integral sink
- Recessed medicine cabinet with light
Although a midrange renovation will certainly give you a much improved bathroom, it might not include all of the features you may want or need. Upgrading to an upscale remodel will help you create a luxurious bathroom with plenty of amenities. An upscale remodel is based on expanding a standard 35-square-foot bathroom to 100-square-feet. The renovation includes:
- Relocation of all of the fixtures
- Soaker tub with high-end faucets
- 42” by 42” neo-angle shower
- Ceramic tile shower walls with accent strip
- Body spray fixtures and frameless glass shower enclosure
- Stone countertop with two sinks
- Custom cabinets
- Two mirrored, lighted medicine cabinets
- Compartmentalized commode area with one-piece toilet
- Humidstat-controlled exhaust fan
- General and spot lighting
- Large ceramic floor tiles
- In-floor electric heating
If you plan to age-in-place in your home, you may want to consider using universal design techniques to make one of your bathrooms handicap accessible. Should you ever develop mobility issues or need to use a wheelchair, you’ll appreciate the convenience of an accessible bathroom. The universal design remodel estimate is based on updating an existing 5’ by 7’ bathroom. It includes:
- Comfort-height toilet with elongated bowl and bidet-style seat
- Zero-threshold, 36” wide door
- Flat-panel electrical switches at sitting height
- A curbless, tiled walk-in shower in place of the bathtub
- Adjustable showerhead with thermostatic mixing valve
- Fold-out shower seat
- Storage accessible from a seated position
- Radiant in-floor heating under luxury vinyl tile floors
- Adaptive living vanity with adjustable mirror and easy-grasp handles
- Infrared ceiling light
- Ultra-quiet vent fan with humidity-sensing controls
- Towel bars that can support 250 pounds
- Ceramic towel on walls
Accessible bathrooms don’t have to look bland and institutional. We can help you create a bathroom that’s not only accessible but stylish. If you’ll be renovating your master bath, there’s no reason why you can’t incorporate upscale features and amenities into the universal design.
Planning on Adding a Brand New Bathroom?
An addition gives you all the space you need if there’s not enough room in your existing floor plan to expand your bathroom. Remodeling bases their midrange and upscale addition estimates on bathrooms added over crawlspaces.
Their midrange bathroom addition is 48-square-feet and offers:
- Poured concrete walls
- White, low-profile toilet
- 30” by 60” white fiberglass shower/tub combination
- Ceramic towel shower surround
- Cultured stone vanity top with molded sink
- Chrome faucets
- Single-lever temperature and pressure-balanced faucets
- Ceramic tile floor
- Mirrored medicine cabinet
- Linen storage closet
- General and spot lighting
The upscale bathroom addition adds 100 square feet to your home and includes all of the features listed above in the upscale bathroom renovation section. Are you unhappy with your current master bedroom? Why not build an entire master bedroom suite addition complete with luxurious bathroom, huge walk-in closets, a large sitting area and a cozy fireplace.
Features That Will Add a Touch of Luxury to Your Bathroom Remodel
If you’re going to splurge on a bathroom remodel, it makes sense to incorporate a few of the many high-tech products available today. Adding one or more of these items will help you turn your bathroom into the ultimate oasis:
- Steam Shower: A steam shower is more than just a luxury. In fact, adding one of these showers will help you reduce stress, boost your circulation, moisturize your skin and even keep your sinuses clear. Steam showers can be customized with lights, speakers and aromatherapy pumps.
- Soaking Tub: Is your current bathtub too shallow for a good soak? Adding a soaking tub to your new bathroom will take care of that problem. Soaking tubs are deep enough to cover your entire body and are usually big enough to fit two adults. Underwater speakers, jets and chromatherapy lights can be added to the tub if you wish.
- Waterproof Television: While you’re soaking in your new soaking tub, catch up with the news or watch a movie on your waterproof television. The TVs are specially designed to withstand a little humidity or splashing.
- Smart Mirror: One minute it’s a mirror, the next it’s a WiFi-enabled digital touchscreen. Thanks to your smart mirror, you can shop for new bathroom towels, check the weather outside or listen to music while you get ready for the day ahead. Many smart mirrors offer digital voice assistance and video calling too.
- The Ultimate Toilet: Tired of cleaning the toilet? Choose a self-cleaning model for your new bathroom. Today’s high-tech toilets offer plenty of luxurious and creative touches, including massage features, built-in bidets and dryers, motion-activated lids, heated seats and night lights.
Are you eager to get started with your bathroom renovation? Contact us and we’ll help you explore all the way you can transform your bathroom.